“Understanding the Risks of Oil & Gas Development” – Saturday, March 31st, Hotchkiss High School, 12:30-5:00.
Citizens for a Healthy Community will host a 1/2-day forum on the threats of oil and gas development and fracking. Attend the event to hear from a panel of scientific, legal, industry and economic experts, as well as residents who live in areas that have extensive oil and gas development and fracking. Speakers will present information, as well as their own accounts from experience working and living with oil and gas development. Attend to learn about the risks to air, water, health and our community from oil and gas drilling, fracking and long-term development.
Saturday, March 31st, 2012
Hotchkiss High School Commons Area
- John Fenton – Farmer and rancher near Pavillion, Wyo., an area that has been heavily drilled and fracked, and where the EPA suspects drilling and fracking chemicals have contaminated groundwater; Vice-chair Powder River Basin Resource Council.
- Calvin Tillman - Former mayor of DISH, Texas, a small community that was transformed into an industrial zone by natural gas development.
- James Northrup - Former planning manager at the Atlantic Richfield Corporation and investor in the acquisition and sale of offshore oil rigs and oil and gas projects for more than 30 years. Co-owned Northrup Energy, which was sold to ARCO Solar and became BP Solar, the largest solar energy company in the world.
- Dr. Theo Colborn – Founder/President of The Endocrine Disruption Exchange and expert on health and environmental effects of chemicals used in fracking and released during drilling and oil and gas development.
- Deborah Rogers – Farm owner and artisan cheese producer. Financial analyst and authority on the economics of unconventional shale gas drilling. Former advisor to the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Kyle Tisdel – Staff Attorney for the Western Environmental Law Center and legal counsel for CHC.
- Duke Cox – Former President of the Grand Valley Citizens Alliance and longtime activist.
Invite your neighbors and friends